Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Can't save the world...

My epiphany moment today - big enough that it's caused me to take to my rarely used blog - is that I cannot save the world.  I have moments that I think I'm super.  And I am a man.  But I'm not superman.  I'm a regular guy, with thoughts and emotions, that wants to change the world.  Let's face it, even those in powerful positions rarely change the world.
So I'm setting my bar lower.  I'm going to change my world.  My family, my friends.  I have passion.  I definitely have strong opinions.  At the end of it all, I have no fear.  Sure, I am still afraid of heights, I don't want to drown, but interpersonal relationships, communications...none.  What's the worst you can say to me?  And will your worst change me?
No.  I know who I am.  At my core, I think I've known the answer to that question longer than I would acknowledge.  I'm stronger than anyone, including myself, thinks.  Last year (2012), I somehow managed to breathe, stand up, and walk after the absolute worst thing that could have happened.
Rather than change the world, I'm letting me out.  And hopefully the world will follow.
     "I may be disturbed but won't you concede, even heroes have the right to dream."
                  -Five for Fighting.


No comments:

Post a Comment