Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Obsession for me...

I am about to take the leap into the unknown.  My life as I know it will have a shake up - bigger than before.  And all within my control.  Control.  What a powerful word.  I'm taking the steps to reclaim my life and to make it what the ex thought it could be.  He thought more and gave me more than I ever thought I could gain.  As I sit here typing, I realize and understand that control has been out of my hands for awhile and taking it back is the best thing I could give to myself.
Control.  Along with control comes power.  Great power.  I have the ability and the opportunity to change not only my life but the lives of those around.  What can/should I do with that power, not only for my life but for the greater good.  From a poem I wrote, the phrase "I stand because he stood" jumps off the page. Integrity.  Value.  Lifting up the next.  Those are the attributes he stood for.  And now I stand.  I stand to find a way make a bigger impact - to leave my mark.
Stand.  Control.  Power.  It all comes back to that first step.  One, small step.  Closing my eyes.  And moving forward...

No comments:

Post a Comment