Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Thinking about...

I've been thinking about 'X' a lot these past few days.  Maybe it was the move, maybe it's the weather.  I don't really know what it is that's driving me to these thoughts.  I miss his laugh, his smile.  The way he said my name.  I miss knowing I could call him right now if I needed to borrow a hammer.  Or to vent about something.  Anything.

I've told people that last March, I lost my partner.  In January, I lost my best friend.

How does one move on?  I have to remember that he would want me to move on.  Grieving and remembrance should continue but I should also live my life now.  Or try to.  I'm having my moments.  I think I've turned a corner of sorts.  But I still cry for his memory.  I wish he could walk Baxter again.  I wish I could tell him a corny joke or hear his take on presidential politics - he would have LOVED this election cycle.  God, he would have loved it.

I don't watch the news much to be honest.  Primarily for that last line.  The last time about a month ago I watched one of the Sunday morning shows, I picked up my phone to call him.  And he will never be there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment