Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Passion...........

What is it?  Let's keep it clean and out of the bedroom.  My thoughts tonight are around passion in life.

I took a leap a year ago in what some may say was a "bad choice."  I left my job with nothing lined up and really no thought of what I would do.  But I felt (strongly) the prompting of my "X" from the next life.  Because of family health issues not related to that leap, it took me a bit of time to settle but I have found my passion.

I told one of my best friends the other day I'm 'content.'  Let's think on this word...it's not specifically jump to the ceiling happy but it conveys a bigger, more intense feeling.  I feel like I'm finally getting to that point in my life where, when I let out a big sigh, it's not out of exasperation but from "wow, I didn't know it could be like this."

And I know for a fact, I'm at the point I can say -
I've survived the worst thing life can throw at me.  Mess with me, my family or my friends,,,it's on.  Nothing you can do or say is worse and I will win.

I have caught up with friends the last few days and I want them to find their content.  It's different to each of us and we really have to find our passion.  I've told people before, I think I may have blogged about it - I am so lucky to go to work daily and love what I do.  And when I teach a class, that's just an extra big bonus.

I'm writing this because as a former member of corporate and non-profit USA, what does it take to find our passion?  To do what we love?  To wake up in the morning and think "man, I like sleep but I can't wait to get to work."  So reader challenge - close your eyes after reading this statement, take one deep inhale, a slow and steady exhale and think......what makes me content?

Open your eyes slowly and ask yourself "What's holding me back?"  Chances are, the answer to that last question will be found in the mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment